Benefiting the Youth Corps & Roosevelt Band
- Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
- June 30, 2013
- 6:30 a.m. (please note that some of the particular details may change)
- Semi-Arid (You don't sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
INDIVIDUAL and AQUABIKE RELAY
$225.00 USD (Now-7/31/12) $225.00 USD
$250.00 USD (8/1/12 – 12/31/12) $280.00 USD
$290.00USD (1/1/13 - 4/31/13) $310.00 USD (4/1/12-6/22/12)
$315.00 USD (5/1/13 - 6/27/13) $335.00 USD (6/23/12)
Race Weekend Registration (if available) $330 $350 Awards Dinner Included for Each Athlete.
We anticipate reaching our Maximum limit of participants by the end of May.
Special pricing available for coaches or clubs bringing 20 athletes or more. Send email to email@example.com for your discount code.
Course DescriptionComplete Course Map
Detailed Bike Course Map Updated for 2012
Bike Course Elevation Map Updated for 2012
Detailed Run Map
City of Lubbock Map
- 1.2 mile open water lake swim. Wave starts (approximately 100 per wave), rectangular course counter clockwise, entry at beach area and exit on cement boat dock area, within 20 yards of the transition area. Swim cutoff time is 75 minutes.
- Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
After Sept. 1, 2010, the following changes to our current wetsuit rule will apply:
- Wetsuits cannot measure more than 5 millimeters thick. A standard variance will be allowed to account for seams and jersey material (non-buoyant).
- Wetsuits may be worn in water temperatures up to and including 24.5 degrees Celsius/76.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures between 24.5 degrees Celsius/76.1 degrees Fahrenheit and 28.8 degrees Celsius/ 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit will not be eligible for awards, including World Championship slots.
- Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperature greater than 28.8 degrees Celsius/ 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 56 miles, modified out and back, out of town farm to market roads, limited traffic, flat with 7 challenging hills, ranging from 2.9% - 8.9% grade and a quarter of a mile to 1.2 miles in length. These are good asphalt roads with some shoulders. Only CPSC-approved helmets are allowed.
At this time, the golf course hill road, is still closed. The course will remain the same as the modified course in 2011 unless something changes. Please check the website for updates
- 13.1 miles, asphalt, flat with 3 challenging hills, ranging from 6.4% - 7.6%(not the same hills as found on the bike course) grade. The hills are approximately 300 yards to 880 yards in length. Partially shaded, tough, scenic course. No non-participant pacing allowed. Course cut-off time is 8 1/2 hours.
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be available on the bike approximately every 10 miles (hand ups) and on each mile of the run. Aid Station will be provided in transition. Water, Ironman PowerBar Perform, fruit, sponges, ice, GU, Roctane, and Chomps , etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area.
Event RulesUSAT Helmet Rule (2011)
Slots & Awards2012 Slot Allocation Policy
Our Policy for BUFFALO SPRINGS LAKE IRONMAN 70.3 in the case that you cannot compete during the year you registered for the race is:
- 1. Contact Marti Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Your entry will be rolled over to the following year
- 3. You can pay a fee of only $75 next year to “activate” your rolled over registration
- 4. Please send a completed app with “roll over” written across the top along with your $75 fee.
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc is the Winner of the Corporate Challenge for 2011 BUFFALO SPRINGS LAKE IRONMAN 70.3.
- Male & Female Overall Winners (1990 - 2011)
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2009 Results
- 2008 Results
- 2007 Results (searchable)
- 2007 Results (printable)
- 2006 Results
- 2006 Ironman World Championship Qualifiers
- 2006 70.3 World Championship Qualifiers
- 2005 Results
- 2004 Results
- 2003 Results
- 2002 Results
- 2001 Results
- 2000 Results
ASI Photo will have 6 photographers on the course & at the finish capturing nearly 20,000 photos at the 2011 Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3, Tri Raider, and Little Bison triathlons!