ScheduleClick Here For Detailed Schedule
- Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
- May 5, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. (please note that some of the particular details may change)
- Semi-Arid (You don't sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
INDIVIDUAL & Aquabike RELAY
$75.00 USD (Open -12/31/12) $80.00 USD (Open-12/31/12)
$80.00 USD (1/11/13- 4/26/13) $85.00 USD (1/11/13- 4/26/13)
$85.00 USD (4/27/13 - 5/4/13) $90.00 USD (4/27/13 - 5/4/13)
Course DescriptionClick Here For Complete Course Map
Click Here For Swim Course Map
Click Here For Bike Course Map
Click Here For Run Course Map
- 1500 meter lake swim, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
- Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
- 40 km out & back, mostly flat, 5 climbs, asphalt roads.
- 10 km out & back, flat, some shade, asphalt roads
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, fruit, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area
Slots & Awards
Top 3 or Top 10%, whichever is greater. Also, include masters male and female and grand masters male and female. Approximate time will be 10:30 a.m., at the race site.
- Male & Female Age Groups
- 10 - 11
- 12 - 14
- 15 - 19
- 20 - 24
- 25 - 29
- 30 - 34
- 35 - 39
- 40 - 44
- 45 - 49
- 50 - 54
- 55 - 59
- 60 - 64
- 65 - 69
- 70 - 74
- 75 - 79
- Physically Challenged
- Clydesdale/Athena Division:
- The division for full bodied athletes.200lbs+ for men 150lbs+ Women (Not eligible for Ironman Qualifying slots.)
- Relays: Mixed, Male and Female divisions.