ScheduleClick Here For Detailed Schedule
- Buffalo Springs Lake, 5 miles southeast of Lubbock, Texas, East 50th St. (FM RD. 835)
- May 5, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. (please note that some of the particular details may change)
- Semi-Arid (You don't sweat in the shade!) Average High 90.8 degrees; Average Low 64.3 degrees; Average Humidity 20-35%; Average Wind South 10-13 m.p.h. Note: Due to the extreme temperatures experienced in the 1994 race, (a history making 113 degrees F.), Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon race management has established a policy that we may alter the race based on extreme weather conditions. You will be advised the day before if changes are required.
INDIVIDUAL & Aquabike RELAY
$75.00 USD (Open -12/31/12) $80.00 USD (Open-12/31/12)
$80.00 USD (1/11/13- 4/26/13) $85.00 USD (1/11/13- 4/26/13)
$85.00 USD (4/27/13 - 5/4/13) $90.00 USD (4/27/13 - 5/4/13)
Course DescriptionClick Here For Complete Course Map
Click Here For Swim Course Map
Click Here For Bike Course Map
Click Here For Run Course Map
- 1500 meter lake swim, USA Triathlon wetsuit rules will prevail.
- Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
- 40 km out & back, mostly flat, 5 climbs, asphalt roads.
- 10 km out & back, flat, some shade, asphalt roads
- AID STATIONS:
- Aid stations will be in transition area & run turnaround. Water, fluid replacement, fruit, sponges, ice, etc., will be provided along the course. A medical team will be on hand along with 2 ambulances in the course area
Slots & Awards
Top 3 or Top 10%, whichever is greater. Also, include masters male and female and grand masters male and female. Approximate time will be 10:30 a.m., at the race site.
- Male & Female Age Groups
- 10 - 11
- 12 - 14
- 15 - 19
- 20 - 24
- 25 - 29
- 30 - 34
- 35 - 39
- 40 - 44
- 45 - 49
- 50 - 54
- 55 - 59
- 60 - 64
- 65 - 69
- 70 - 74
- 75 - 79
- Physically Challenged
- Clydesdale/Athena Division:
- The division for full bodied athletes.200lbs+ for men 150lbs+ Women (Not eligible for Ironman Qualifying slots.)
- Relays: Mixed, Male and Female divisions.
3201 South Loop 289
LUBBOCK, TX 79423
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
$89.00 up to 4 people (Ask for Triathlon Rate)
Buffalo Springs Lake
9999 High Meadow Road
Lubbock, Texas 79404
Phone: (806) 747-3353
Fax: (806) 747-3714
Call Or Visit Website About Camping Information
Buffalo Springs Triathlon Camp May 1st–4th, 2013
Lubbock, TXThe 9th Annual Playtri Buffalo Springs Triathlon Camp, official training camp of the Buffalo Springs Ironman 70.3 will be 3.5 days of intense training and education. This camp is an excellent opportunity to gain insightful training and knowledge of open water swimming, biking, running, transitions and race nutrition specifically for the Buffalo Springs 70.3. The camp is designed for the beginner to advanced level triathlete and is limited to 40 people. Go to http://playtri.com/buffalosprings for camp specifics, including the camp schedule. Finish up the camp on May 5th with the Buffman &Squeaky Olympic or Sprint Triathlons taking place on the Buffalo Springs 70.3 course.
Playtri is proud to be the official coaching program for the 2013 Buffalo Springs Ironman 70.3. For twelve years, Playtri has offered a comprehensive, “whole life” approach aimed to improve overall health and fitness while also guiding athletes to achieve their triathlon goals. Athletes of all levels and experience have benefited from learning about their bodies, setting and reaching goals, and executing proven training strategies. Playtri offers an individualized and scientifically-based approach to coaching and performance. Playtri coaches have coached clients from all over the world and thoroughly understand the sport of triathlon not only from the coaching perspective, but from the athlete perspective. Let Playtri help you get the results you want at the Buffalo Springs Ironman 70.3 this year. To learn more about Playtri programs, go to http://www.playtri.com/coachingprograms and Playtri coaches, go to http://playtri.com/coaches. Playtri offers:
- Individual Coaching Programs for athletes of all levels, customized to individual goals.
- Coaching and training programs that take into consideration the competing priorities of the age group athlete, all the while seeking a life balance.
- Camps/Clinics that combine solid training sessions with comprehensive lectures to keep the athletes informed.
- Performance Testing at the most comprehensive testing center in Texas (1 of 4 USAT Certified Performance Centers in the United States).
- Opportunity to join a "family" of people in a fun, quality environment focused on positive improvements in all aspects of health and fitness.